It’s time for some Sizzling Summer Fun!
Ready for some summer fun? Host a patriotic celebration this July and turn the traditional backyard BBQ into a sizzling summer fun event.
Here are some tips to make your 4th of July event the best on the block!
- Keep It Simple
- You won’t need much in the way of decorations for an outdoor backyard party. Tea lights in mason jars and white lights hung on the deck, or in a tree, add lots of ambiance without much fuss. Add in a few patriotic touches, like a group of small flags in a vase as a centerpiece and you are all set.
- Make it Lucky
- Ask everyone to bring a dish to share so there are a variety of dishes and tastes…and there is less work for you! A buffet set-up, with all the food and dishes on one table, makes it quick and easy for guests to find what they want and make their own plates.
- Keep it Traditional
- As the host, you’ll likely be providing the main dishes. By keeping the menu fairly traditional, your guests will know what to expect. Burgers and hot dogs with potato salad, baked beans and grilled corn on the cob are festive, easy recipes for a traditional 4th of July picnic or BBQ.
- Make it Sparkle
- Include some fireworks, if they are allowed in your area. Sparklers are a family favorite, especially for the kids. To ensure safety, use paper cups, cut in half, to protect hands from the sparks and burning embers. And always be sure to use fireworks in a safe place, like a driveway or street, away from flammable materials and dry, grass areas.
- Turn up the Volume
- Include a soundtrack for the event, including festive, patriotic anthems that everyone can sing along to and enjoy.
- Make a Splash
- Include some simple backyard games for the kids and include the parents. Nothing says fun like a little friendly competition! Better yet, make it a pool party so everyone can take a dip in the pool and stay cool.
For other great event ideas, check out this great article.
And to ensure that the whole event is a success, consider having EasyTurf artificial grass installed in your backyard. Lush, green and always gorgeous, artificial grass is the perfect backdrop for a sizzling summer fun event! Call us for a free design consultation – 800-445-2944.